While every guide will tell you to visit the Cathedral, the Giralda or the Alcazar, we will recommend 3 unusual things to do in Seville to fully experience the city like a local:
3 unusual things to do in Seville that you will not find in the tourist guides
A late king of Spain, Alfonso XIII, was the mind behind the creation of this stunning hotel with just one goal: to make it the best hotel in Europe.
Built to host international royalty during the Universal Exposition of Seville in 1929, the place is still one of the most luxurious places in the city.
Its distinguished architecture, with moorish details are a beautiful example of Andalusian heritage and history.
While staying in the hotel is not for every budget, you are always welcome to have a drink al fresco in their moorish inner patio. An oasis in the center of Sevilla to enjoy the full royal treatment.
2. Get a local to show you around and tell you the best stories
While exploring a new city, there is nothing we enjoy more than walking around and getting lost round every corner and alley.
However, no one knows the city better than its locals. The volunteers from Civitatis love their city fiercely and love to share its secrets with the visitors.
So, to discover the wonders of Seville you can not miss the opportunity of joining them on one of their free walking tours. They are free of cost, but, if you enjoy the experience, tipping at the end of it is encouraged and will help their business continue.
Also, the main advantage of discovering the city side by side with a local is that you can get some awesome recommendations on what the local hotspots are for dinner, drinks or flamenco.
You can book your free walking tour here>> Civitatis free walking tour Seville.
3. Sunset in a very unusual place in Seville
Las Setas de Sevilla is a very unique estructure that represents the modern times the city is embracing. The monument is the largest wood structure in the world.
If you visit you will enjoy some amazing 360º views of the city. The views are great day or night but the spot is a perfect destination to catch the sunset.
Tickets for sunset cost 8€.
With these unusual things to do in Seville you are fully prepared to live the city to its fullest. Olé!
SAVE MONEY ON YOUR TRIP TO SPAIN!
- Need to get your flight? We compare and find the CHEAPEST FLIGHTS here>
- Need to get accommodation? We find the BEST HOTELS with free cancellation here >
- Fancy a free tour? Find a FREE TOUR in your destination>
- Need to rent a car? We compare and get the CHEAPEST CARS here>
- If you need inspiration for your trip check our map ♥
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.